Professionals observe CID students with needs similar to those of their own students to learn how to best facilitate the teaching of listening and spoken language.
Contact Ellie White at email@example.com or 314.977.0207
1. Observer and CID staff meet to discuss issues related to the request for observation/information.
2. Observation with staff guidance. Explanation during observation includes the following:
- Lesson objectives
- Techniques and strategies used to teach/develop listening, language and speech skills
- Techniques and strategies used to weave listening, language and speech development throughout the day
- Analysis of teacher behaviors
- Analysis of child feedback
3. Participants meet with staff for discussion and question/answer.
1–4 participants attend
- To provide participants with an opportunity to learn the components of a complete program for a child who is deaf or hard of hearing and learning to use spoken language
- To provide opportunities for participants to observe listening and spoken language experts use best practices for listening, language and speech instruction
- To provide participants with detailed explanations of instruction while it occurs and follow-up discussions after observation
Administrators, teachers, speech-language pathologists